Bon Voyage
Two days away from quitting my day job, I've already started two PPC (Pay Per Click) advertising campaigns, the AdWords program with Google and "self-serve Precision/Content match" with Overture. I write my own copy. I write everything starting with the HTML. I use Notepad. I'm good. I choose my own keywords! I've received my first check from a client, so it's time to quit.
&
I'm only 45 years old but it's time for me to "retire". My day job dropped medical benefits more than three years ago. The job market for "computer guy" is real tight in this upstate New York metro area. But I don't want another job. If I am going to be able to support myself and my wife in retirement, I better start learning now. The state of future "Social Security" earnings doesn't look so good under the current presidential administration. Paradoxically, this is a great four year period to start one's own business (no internet taxes yet).
&
Heinrich (my boss) does not know I'm about to quit. Two days from now in the morning (the end of our two week pay period), I will give my eight hours notice. In Heinrich's defense I must say that he has been a good boss for the last 8 years, except for the coolie wages. And I am a computer genius.
&
On Friday I will be self-employed.
&

1 Comments:
just want say good luck and that i like you blog...
Post a Comment
<< Home